Who can use this function?
Function available to CargoON and Trans for Forwarders users who have purchased the complementary product: Business Intelligence Reports.
Reports are visible to users selected by the company ordering access.
Learn more about BI Reports.
The Benchmark Report will help you determine the value of freight rates that your company has achieved through negotiations on the Trans.eu Platform.
Based on data from the Benchmark report you can:
- stay up to date and respond to pricing trends on the market,
- compare freight rates,
- better adjust your freight rates to market trends.
- compare the performance of your employees,
- verify the progress of negotiations and assess whether the selected offer was the most advantageous,
- optimise costs and minimise the risk of overpaying for freights.
To open the report, go to the Benchmark tab in the BI reports module.
Once clicked, you will see the report made up of five main sections:
- Loading Country map - showing the loading countries for accepted freights.
- Unloading Country map - presenting the countries where the transactions were made.
- Price vs Offers chart - a line chart showing the trend line of freight prices together with the number of offers on a given day
- Exact route list - allowing you to select a specific direction.
- List of offers - a list of company employees who made transactions on the Platform including information on freights and amount of offers.
The report is divided into aggregations - data is grouped based on specific categories ranging from general to detailed information.
Accepted freights are those that lead to the conclusion of a transaction on the Trans.eu Platform.
The data is presented according to the date of unloading the freight.
The exchange rates are converted according to the date of unloading the freight.
Loading Country and Unloading Country maps
The report runs automatically on the largest number of accepted freights at the unloading location (PL in this case).
- Loading Country map displays the number of loadings of accepted freights in each country in the time interval specified by the filter (filters are described in the last section of this article).
The numerical values and color saturation correspond to the number of accepted freights in a particular country.
After selecting the loading country where your freights are executed, the other charts of the report will adjust, i.e. they will show data corresponding to the selected place of loading.
- Unloading Country map
The map presents the countries in which transactions have been concluded for freights the loading location of which corresponds to the Loading Country indicated on the map. The higher the color saturation, the more transactions have been made. The map is displayed based on the Price per km parameter.
Select the country you want and the rest of the report data will be adjusted to display the data relevant to the chosen country.
If you do not indicate a country, the rest of the report will include aggregate data for all countries.
Price vs Offers chart
In the top bar, you can find a list of the most frequently selected routes along with the number of accepted freights. Please note that when you select a loading country above Loading and Unloading Maps in the top bar, you will find a list of the routes that began in the chosen country.
Once a given route is selected, the data is narrowed down to that particular choice.
Blue line - illustrates the median price of accepted freight. These are the values of accepted freights on the days when a formal transaction took place on the Platform. If there is no transaction on a given day, it will not be included on the X axis.
Grey bar - the range of price offers received from carriers. Its amount depends on the range of prices offered by the carriers.
The value above the bar is the number of price offers received for a given freight or freights.
If you click on the bar, the other parts of the report will adjust and display the relevant data.
Exact route list
As rates can vary from route to route, the most precise result is provided by the Exact route filter. It allows you to filter out a specific route. The filter adapts to the choices you make using maps and the freight negotiation chart.
Once you have selected the direction of your choice, the remaining report data will be narrowed down to the criteria specified by the Exact route.
List of offers
This part of the report presents the number of accepted freights per route.
At the very top, there is data for the selected time range regarding:
- Freight - number of published freights,
- Responses - number of offers submitted by carriers,
- Median Accepted price - median accepted price
- Average price per KM - average price per kilometer (depending on the route length),
- Min received offer - minimum value of price offer rates received from carriers during freight negotiations on the Platform,
- Max received offer - maximum value of price offer rates received from carriers during freight negotiations on the Platform.
The table below includes:
- names of employees - when narrowing the data to a specific route, the names of employees publishing on that route will be displayed.
- list of publications - ID numbers of freights published by a given employee.
- values: distance, accepted rate, average price per kilometer, value of minimum and maximum offer.
Click on the filter icon in the right-hand column to open the filter settings for the Benchmark report.
Use the filters on the right side of the chart to define the range of data such as:
- the range of dates of unloading freights (Unloading date),
- loading country(ies) (Loading country),
- loading country(ies) (Unloading country),
- exact rout (Exact route),
- all or selected employees (Employee)
The i symbol in the tooltip - presents the range of available data.