Negotiations and acceptance of offers in the Messenger by the Carrier
Who can use this function?
Function available to carriers (TFC - Trans For Carriers).
From this article you will learn:
- how to propose and negotiate a rate
- how the shipper can react to your offer
- how to accept or reject an offer
- how to withdraw an offer
If you want to send a rate proposal, negotiate, or accept an offer via the messenger, go to the Freight exchange module. In the offer table, click on the icon with the bubble symbol next to the offer you are interested in.
- In the messenger window, click the green "Make an offer" button.
- Enter the amount for which you are willing to provide the transport service, then click "Send".
- The messenger will display a message about the offer you sent and a blue timer line. The offer you make is valid for 15 minutes.
- the offer is withdrawn
- the offer is rejected
- the offer is accepted
- you receive a system message that there is no response to your offer
Once a price offer is sent, the shipper has 15 minutes to respond. Information about the decision will appear in the form of a notification as well as in the conversation window, where the relevant message will be displayed. After receiving your offer, the shipper has the following options:
- accept your offer
You will get a message in your messenger that the offer has been accepted.
- reject your offer
In the messenger you will get a message about the rejection of your offer.
- negotiate your offer
In the messenger you will get a message about a new price offer.
- leave your offer unanswered
If the shipper does not respond to your offer, you will get a message in the messenger after 15 minutes about the lack of response to your offer.
Acceptance of the offer
Click on "Accept" to agree to the shipper's offer.
Rejection of the offer
Click the "Reject" button to refuse the shipper's offer.
Negotiation of the offer
Click on the window with the shipper's proposed rate, delete the specified value and enter your price proposal, then click on Send.
Withdrawal of the offer
After placing an offer, you can withdraw it at any time. To do so, click on Withdraw offer.
- is shared with other employees in your company;
- this is where all the rate proposals submitted by you and your colleagues for individual offers and ongoing negotiations are recorded.
If you want to see which person from your company is currently negotiating a particular offer, go to the FREIGHTS module and click on the offer of your interest. The history of negotiations can be seen in the details window.