Fixed route price/rate settings
Who can use this function?
- Function available to all CargoON users who have purchased the CargoON Freight Platform product.
From this article you will learn how to:
- enable/disable price negotiation with the carrier
- set a variable price for each transport
- create a pallet price grid
Enable/disable price negotiation with the carrier
Price arrangements can be edited when adding a carrier to a route (new or existing one). This can be done when creating a new fixed route or by visiting an existing one.
Select the route and click the Add carrier button.
In the add carrier form, first select the companies you would like to send a proposal for terms and conditions to. Then, in the Price/Rate section, set the most suitable pricing for the carriage.
Select the Price option, then enter the amount and set the relevant currency.
Enable price negotiation with the carrier to let them send quotes to you.
If no proposal is submitted for a fixed route price, the option to negotiate the price with the carrier will automatically be enabled. The lack of specified price automatically triggers price negotiations with your contractors.
Set a pallet price grid
If you choose the load type: pallet in the create fixed route form, you can set up a pallet price grid in the add carrier to route form. Use this option to create a more flexible fixed-route contract.
- Select Pallet price grid in the Price/rate section.
- Next, decide whether you want to set a price per pallet range or a unit rate.
- Then, create ranges for the number of pallets and propose the relevant amounts to the range.
- This is also where you can enable or disable price negotiation with the carrier.
Automatic acceptance of freight after time
If you often work with a carrier and trust them, you can propose terms and conditions with automatic acceptance of freight after time.
Upon selecting this option and publishing the freight under the specified contract, if the offer is not rejected by the carrier, the system, on behalf of the carrier, will automatically accept it after the indicated time has elapsed.
Enable Automatic acceptance of freight after time and set the time the carrier has to reject the offer.
Different prices/rates within the same fixed route
Within one fixed route you can send different price/rate proposals to different carriers. All you need to do is fill in a separate terms and conditions form for such carriers/groups of carriers.
In the fixed route details view, click the Add carrier button and then fill in the fixed route conditions form again.
In the list of carriers that you sent an offer to, in the Current price column, you will see the rate summary, in particular:
- currency only means that you have not indicated a price and the first proposal can be given by the carrier
- currency per kilometre (e.g. EUR/km) stands for a kilometre rate
- By price grid means that a pallet price grid has been sent to this carrier. Click the "i" symbol for the price grid details