Import of freights from a CSV file
Who can use this function?
Function available to all Trans.eu Platform and CargoON users.
From this article you will learn how to:
- add a CSV file on the Trans.eu Platform
Add a CSV file on the Trans.eu Platform
Select the Freight module from the menu and click the Import freight option.
- See how to prepare a CSV file. Then download the template and prepare your file according to the instructions.
- Prepare the file by keeping the order of columns.
- Enter the data in separate columns; when adding an offer for multiple bodies (maximum five), use a comma between the data, e.g. 1,2,3
- Enter all the required data (not marked as optional in the instructions)
- Enter the correct date and time format DD.MM.YYYY HH:MM (or set the formatting as text)
- Save the file with UTF-8 encoding depending on the system you are using.
2. Tick Edit filter settings and save
3. If you get the "Confirm file format" notification, select Use Text CSV format
4. In the text file export window, select Unicode (UTF-8) character set, Separator (, - comma), Delimiter (" - inverted commas) and click OK
2. Next click on Tools and select Web Options from the list
3. Go to the Encoding tab
4. Save this document as: select Unicode (UTF-8) from the list and click OK
- Add the prepared CSV file and then click Next.
- Example 1
- All freights will be imported. Click Next to proceed to Publication parameters.
- Example 2
- Only recognized freights will be imported. in the table you will see information for which freight the error occurred. You can go back to the previous step, correct the file and add it again or click Next to proceed to Publication parameters.
- Complete the date of payment, offer visibility and contact persons, then click the Import freight button.
Once the import is complete, you get a notification.
And a summary.
- Example 3
- No freight will be imported. Check your file and try again.
- Example 4
- Invalid file format. Check your file and try again.
- It is not possible to add the same CSV file several times.
- Using the function contrary to the regulations (e.g. duplicating offers) may result in the withdrawal of the possibility to import offers.