Reject a fixed route offer
Who can use this function?
Functionality available to all the users of Trans.eu Platform and CargoON, but the way of using it varies depending on the product line.
From this article you will learn how to:
- reject a fixed route offer you received from the shipper
- check why the carrier rejected a fixed route offer
- change the offer and send the new terms to the carrier
- reject a price quote for your fixed route sent by a carrier
Reject a fixed route offer
If you receive a fixed route load offer, you can choose now whether to accept its terms or reject the offer. To reject it, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Fixed routes with shippers module. Then navigate to the Under negotiation tab and find the fixed route offer.
- New offers can have a status: Propose a price, Accept or negotiate.
- Click on one of the offers with the status: Propose a price, Accept the fixed route or Accept the fixed route or negotiate the price - depending on whether the orderer has given a price and allowed you to negotiate it
- In the offer details you can see the negotiation window. To reject the offer, click the Reject button.
- You must provide a reason for rejecting the offer. This will give the shipper a chance to change their terms. After entering the reason, click the Refuse button.
The rejected offer can still be found in the Under negotiation tab with the status: Fixed route rejected.
Rejected terms of your fixed route
As an orderer, you can learn about the rejection of your offer by the carrier from the notification that will appear under the bell icon.
When the carrier decides to reject your proposal for a fixed route offer, they are obliged to give a reason for the rejection. This allows you to consider changing the terms and sending another proposal.
- Click on the notification or go to the Fixed routes with carriers module and open the offer details to find out the reason for the rejection of the fixed route terms.
- In the offer details you will see a message from the carrier with the reason for the rejection of the offer.
- The status of your fixed route offer will change to Conditions rejected.
When the carrier rejects the fixed route offer, you can try to change its terms and resend them to the carrier for consideration.
Edit terms of rejected fixed route offer
See the reason for the rejection of your proposal for the terms of the fixed route (go to the details of the fixed route and click on the rejected offer in the Under negotiation tab).
- Click on More, then select Edit conditions.
- By default, the terms of cooperation contain data from the previous offer. Fill out the form by specifying the new terms of the fixed route, which can have a positive impact on the carrier's decision.
- After sending the revised fixed route conditions to the carrier, your offer will change its status from Rejected, to Awaiting approval.
You'll be informed through Notifications when the carrier responds to the revised fixed route terms offer.
Reject the quote for your fixed route
If you enabled the price negotiation option or left the price field blank when sending the carrier an offer of cooperation on a fixed route - the carrier can send you their price proposal in response to the offer.
As a shipper, you can choose to:
- accept these terms,
- send another counteroffer or
- break off negotiations by rejecting the proposed price.
If you want to reject the carrier's proposal:
- Go to the Fixed routes with carriers module or click on the rejection notification, which will take you directly to the details of the offer.
- In the Fixed routes with carriers module, click on the fixed route under negotiation.
- In the details of the fixed route, open the Under negotiation tab, then click on the offer with the status: Accept or negotiate the price.
- Click the Reject button to turn down the proposed price.
- Provide the mandatory reason for rejecting the offer. Confirm your decision by clicking the Reject button again.
- The status of the offer you rejected will change to Offer rejected.