(TFF) Forwarder Monitoring
Monitoring of trucks has become a norm. Not only does it allow for greater control over the vehicle and the driver, but also improves cooperation with the contractor. Thus, on the new Trans.eu Platform there is a new module which offers efficient sharing information about the vehicle carrying a load.
Using the Platform, your shipper can ask you to provide load monitoring to track the transport route on an ongoing basis. He will also send a monitoring task to the carrier.
- complete information about your fleet,
- create accounts for the drivers,
- install the TransTask application on the drivers’ mobiles.
- Go to the Monitoring module and click the new tab.
- Get familiar with the task details and make a decision. The task can be accepted or rejected.
In order to reject the task, provide the orderer with a reason for this decision.
The task will be moved to the Archive tab and your contractor will receive a reply.
Accept the task and indicate the method of implementation.
You have three possibilities available:
- assign an existing monitoring task, if conditions are met and you as a forwarder will perform the task received from the shipper as transport combined with another load, select this task. The driver will receive a notification about the necessity to carry out additional operations.
- create a new task, select another company who will perform the task on your behalf. The company will have to confirm acceptance of the task;
- assign my fleet, perform the task on your own by assigning your vehicles and drivers
- Complete the data and confirm accepting the task.
If you choose the mobile telematics option, select a supplier from the list, log in and select a vehicle.
If telematics from your supplier is missing on the list, please contact our Customer Service.
From now on, your orderer will receive all the information about statuses of transport and location of the vehicle.
Using the application, the driver confirms arriving at an unloading place and completing the task. The monitoring status changes to Finished.
How to create a monitoring task?
Go to the Monitoring module and open the New tab.
Once an order is accepted, on the list you will find a new task which can be sent to the Carrier. After accepting a monitoring task, he will complete the freight details. From now on, you will be up to date with what is happening with your load.
In the Active tasks tab of the Monitoring module you will find information about the progress of the task. Monitoring will start 30 minutes before loading.
Principles of monitoring on Trans.eu Platform
If anything unexpected happens on the route, you will receive an alert describing the event as well as information about an expected delay. The detailed list of events can be followed in a new window. It presents information about each activity related to the carriage.
The system will end the monitoring task and stop sharing data about the location of devices used for monitoring of transport when:
- the vehicle enters the last planned unloading zone and will stay there for a specific amount of time (30 minutes) or when it departs before this time
- after 24 hours following the planned completion of the operation in the last unloading zone, the system, on the basis of the location data, does not find the vehicle in this zone, the duration of monitoring is automatically extended by the expected delay time reported by the driver
- the completed monitoring task is moved to the archive tab and you can always view its course there
Thanks to the possibility of monitoring loads, your shipper has quick access to current information on what is happening with your load. You will also be updated on any possible delays in its implementation.
If you act as a shipper - read this article
If you act as a carrier - read this article