Carrier activity report
Who can use this function?
Function available to CargoON and Trans for Forwarders users who have purchased the complementary product: Dedicated reports.
Reports are visible to users selected by the company ordering access.
Learn more about Dedicated reports.
Carrier activity report aims to reflect your cooperation with subcontractors.
Based on data from the Carrier activity report you:
- gain control of the number of carriers on specific routes
- have quick access to information on the carriers you worked with in the past
- gain a knowledge base that you can use to diversify, control and increase your database of subcontractors
- see the directions with the highest and lowest attractiveness for carriers
- have an overview of your employees' databases of subcontractors - you can see how they negotiate, who they publish to and which carriers they do business with
Navigating through the Carrier activity report
In the main menu, select Dedicated reports and open the Carrier activity tab.
The report consists of 4 main sections:
- Carrier activity - tiles showing numerical KPI values, being an aggregation of information from a time range set in the report filters (by default it is the last 30 calendar days)
- Summary table - tabular presentation of the list of carriers who received freight offers
- Select KPI measure table - tabular presentation of KPI values with a breakdown by executed transport routes
- Activity chart - a timeline presenting the numerical values of sent offers, accepted and received responses from carriers.
Information presented in the report refers to all carriers that your company has approached with a freight offer.
The scope of information is available under the i symbol.
Carrier activity tiles
The top section of the report includes tiles showing the sum of the values relating to the whole company (i.e. a company account on the Platform with an individual TransOffice number).
The up/down arrows visualise the trend compared to the previous time period - increasing or decreasing.
Hover the mouse cursor over a tile to see additional information:
- on the arrows - which time period the value is being compared to
- on the number - a hint as what the selected value refers to
What individual tiles mean:
- Carriers - total number of carriers who received a freight offer from you
- Freights published - total number of unique freights published to carriers.
Every single freight is assigned an individual freight number.
- Sent offers - the total number of carriers who received freight offers.*** In the case of publication of a freight to the exchange, the number of offers equals the number of carriers who sent a price offer for the freight
- Responses - total number of carriers who responded to sent freights
- Accepted freights - total number of transactions concluded with carriers on the Platform
- Not accepted - total number of freights published but not transacted on the Platform
- Money paid - depending on the settings of the Convert filter, this value will show the total amount of transport costs paid to carriers when concluding a transaction on the Platform.
The next section of the report shows a tabular presentation of the carriers who received freight offers.
The report consists of the following columns:
- Carriers - name of the carrier who received the freight offer (or, in the case of publication on the exchange, responded to the offer)
- Sent - number of unique freights addressed to the carrier
- Responses - number of freights for which a response was received
- Responses (%) - percentage of responses to freights sent to the carrier
- Freights accepted - number of freights accepted by the carrier
- Freights accepted (%) - percentage of accepted freights that were sent to the carrier
- Money paid - total cost of the transactions concluded with the carrier on the Platform
Select KPI measure table
The next section of the report shows the KPI (Key Performance Indicators) values again, but in a tabular form and broken down by transport direction. The numbers displayed depend on the criteria selected in the filters.
The table consists of 4 columns:
- No. - sequence number
- Country - direction of transport
- KPI measure - values relating to the selected KPI
- column showing a decreasing or increasing trend
The KPI measure column adjusts the values to the selected option in the filter. Click on the drop-down menu and select the KPI you wish to display:
The up/down arrows represent a decreasing or increasing trend with regard to the last period (as set in the report filters).
The next section of the report is the Activity chart - showing a line of carrier activity on the Platform over a timeline.
The chart presents three curves:
- Freights accepted - number of freights accepted by carriers,
- Responses - number of responses received from carriers to freight offers sent,
- Sent - number of freights sent to carriers.
Only one value can be highlighted - click on the chosen value in the legend
Hover the mouse cursor over a given point on the chart to display a pop-up with additional information.
Similarly to the Performance report - by clicking on the plus (+) and minus (-) symbols in the bottom left-hand corner of the chart, you can change the time period for which the data is displayed.
Click on the filter symbol in the right-hand column to open the filter settings for the Carrier activity report.
Set filters according to the scope of the information you need.
In the filters you can set:
- scope of the displayed data (Unloading date)
- trend comparison settings (Compare by): monthly, quarterly, annually, custom setting
- filter out accepted freights for which transactions were made (Calculate only accepted freights)
- type of publication (Publication type): on the Exchange (Exchange), for a fixed route (Fixed routes), to selected/groups (Groups), SmartMatch
- location of loading of freights which were addressed to carriers (Loading place)
- location of unloading of freights which were addressed to carriers (Unloading place)
- carrier with which cooperation was established (Carrier)
- currency of costs presented (Currency)
- employee(s) who published the freight (Responsible person)
- freight reference number (Reference number)