Handling attachments in bookings and time slots by the shipper
Who can use this function?
Function available to users of the CargoON product line and those who have the Dock Scheduler product and access to the Schedules module.
From this article you will learn how to:
- enable adding attachments in a booking template,
- add and manage attachments in bookings,
- add and manage attachments in time slots.
Attachments in the basic booking template
To be able to add attachments to bookings and time slots, this function must be selected in a booking template for the relevant warehouse.
The Platform provides the basic (default) template. The option to add attachments is set there by default.
- Go to the Schedules module.
- Click on your avatar, then go to Settings.
- Select Schedules. In the Booking templates tab, click Preview next to the template: Basic
- In the Attachments section, the option for the shipper and the carrier to add attachments is already checked.
Enable attachments in a booking template
When creating a new booking template, you must set the option to add attachments on your own.
- Go to the Schedules module, click on your avatar and select Settings.
- In the Settings window, select the Schedules tab and the Booking templates. Click Add template.
- Complete the details of the booking. In the Attachments section, you can select:
- options for both the shipper and the carrier to add attachments,
- the option for the shipper only to add attachments,
- the option for the carrier only to add attachments.
Click Save booking template once you have filled in the template.
Add attachments to bookings
Attachments can be uploaded when adding or editing a booking.
Example - When both the shipper and the carrier can add attachments
- In the schedule, select an available date and click on it to add a booking.
- In the add booking window, the section with attachments is found at the very bottom. To add attachments, drag files or select click.
- The uploaded files can be found at the bottom of the window. Click Save.
All file extensions are supported.
Attachments are sorted from latest to oldest.
- Click on the added booking to view its details. Select the Attachments tab.
The uploaded files can be found in the Shipper attachments (your company) section. You can download them by clicking on the arrow symbol.
Attachments added by the carrier are stored in the booking window under the Attachments tab, in the Carrier attachments section.
Similarly, if you only allow the carrier to add attachments, you can see and download them but cannot add your own attachments.
Add attachments when editing a booking
Attachments can be added to the booking while it is being edited.
- In the window with the booking details, select More and Edit data.
- In the Edit booking window, you can:
- add attachments
- download your attachments (by clicking on the arrow icon)
- download the carrier's attachments (by clicking on the arrow icon)
- delete your attachments (by clicking on the bin icon)
When deleting a file, a pop-up window appears to confirm the action.
Add attachments in a time slot
- In the Schedules module, click on More and select: Add time slot.
- The Attachments section can be found at the bottom of the template.
- Once the attachments have been uploaded, click Save.
- The attachments you have added are available in the details window of the booking under the Attachments tab.
If the carrier adds their attachments, they are displayed in the same place.