Booking and time slot management
Who can use this function?
Function available to CargoON users with the Dock Scheduler and with access to the Schedules module.
From the article you will learn how to:
- add a time slot,
- add, delete and edit a booking for a carrier,
- manage a flexible time slot.
The system is based on the automation of warehouse operations and focuses on the optimisation of processes on the shipper's end.
How to add time slots for the carrier?
A time slot lets the carrier reserve the date and time of the vehicle booking.
- Click More and then add a time slot.
- Fill in the required data - specify the time range, type of operation, TransId of the carrier, an available warehouse the schedule of which you want to share, place of loading and unloading.
- You can add several identical time slots at the same time. Simply change the value in the Time slots number field.
A booking in your warehouse will also be created automatically based on an existing order in the Orders module. If
- in an Order, your warehouse is in an unloading or loading point,
- there is a time slot available in the warehouse within the selected date of the Order.
When both of these conditions are met, in the Time slot column (Orders module), there will appear a symbol indicating the successful addition of the time slot, while the carrier will get an e-mail informing that it has been added
If the route for the same order consists of more than one location being your warehouse at the same time, then the order will automatically create a time slot for each of these warehouses
Work with flexible time slots
When creating a new warehouse, it is now easier to define a default operation time. Set the unit time, which will allow you to operate it flexibly in future planning:
- individual operation time for a new time slot
- individual operation time for a booking.
Click More and Warehouse settings. In the Slot Configuration you will see the active configuration. If you want to change the operation time, click on Plan new
- by default, operation time is set to the same value as the Basic operation time,
- if you want to edit this time and adjust it to the carrier's individual needs - the expanded options include the unit of time (slot), in this case: 15 min.
In the form for adding a new time slot, you can find the option to set a specific operation time (in brackets there is information about the default time you set when creating the warehouse).
Similarly, in the pre-booking form, you will find an editable operation time:
- Once a pre-booking is made by the carrier or shipper on a given date, it will appear in the schedule.
- Click on the three-dot symbol to:
- Confirm arrival,
- Refuse loading (provide reason for rejection)
- Change booking date and place
- Edit data (details of the driver and vehicle, as well as the shipper's remarks - visible to the carrier, or internal comments - visible to co-workers only).
- Delete booking (irreversible action)
- Click on the chosen booking to view its details.
Add a booking as a shipper
You can also add a booking to your schedule yourself. Simply click on the schedule to select an available date.
Then fill in the add booking form - complete the mandatory fields in the Basic data section and click Save.
Edit a booking
It is possible to edit bookings without deleting them.
The Carrier will be informed of any changes you make by a notification on the Platform and via e-mail.
- In the Schedules module, in the booking you want to edit, click on the three-dot icon and select Change booking date and place.
- In the Edit booking window, you can change the following:
- operation time,
- date with the drop-down calendar option,
- booking time.
- Once the changes are made, click Save.
- The booking will appear in the Schedule at the newly specified time, both on your end and on the Carrier's end.
Edit booking time with Drag&Drop functionality
It is possible to edit the booking time by moving it with the mouse in the booking schedule.
- Click the left mouse button on the booking for which you wish to change the time. Drag and drop the booking to the desired location. Free spaces are highlighted in green.
Then click the Move booking button to confirm the operation.
The booking can also be moved to the next page of the schedule:
If you change your mind and decide to go back to the previous operation time, the booking time will not be restored to its original state.
- All changes are automatically saved in the drawer with the details and the booking history.
- You can extend the booking time within a dock:
You can move a delayed booking but remember that it must end later than the current time. You can change the status of a booking up to and including Pending status.
The carrier can move bookings within a time slot.
Additional remarks in a booking and time slot
- remarks in a booking
- If you want to record important internal information about a booking, you can do so in the Add booking window, under Other data section, in the Internal remarks (not visible for carrier) field. Once you have entered the information, click Save.
- remarks in a time slot
- If you want to provide additional information to a carrier, you can add it while creating a time slot. Add your remark in the Add time slot form, in the Shipper's remark's (your company) field. Once you have entered the information, click Save.